Raising Dinah

Monday, February 1, 2010

Dear Morning Sickness, Please Bypass Me...

My body is starting to toy with the idea of morning sickness. Once in awhile, I feel nauseous, but so far no vomiting and it doesn’t last very long. Let’s hope it stays that way. I’m still tired a lot. We were snowed in last Friday and through the weekend. That gave me 3 days to sleep in and relax. I felt so much better for those few days.


I’m experiencing another symptom quite a bit, as well: I’m bloated. Yuck! All but one pair of my pants are feeling tight. I’ve been reading some pregnancy message boards on Baby Center and parents connect and have learned that I’m not alone in that.

Dean and I have been throwing around names. Too early, maybe, but we’ve been talking about names since we got married. I love naming things- always have. It’s harder now, though. Naming a baby is way harder than naming a dog…or a car. Yes, I occasionally name cars. Weird? Possibly, but not as much so as naming bugs, which I also do. I’ve always done that too. When I was in kindergarten, our playground had lots of caterpillars. I would spend my recess naming them. When I was growing up, in the summer time at our house, you could always find garden spiders. I don’t normally like spiders, but these are big and pretty and fascinating…from a distance anyway. I would also name any of these that I could find. Naming is fun. Baby naming is a bit more complicated…but still fun.

No comments: