Raising Dinah

Friday, February 12, 2010

First Reactions

The beans have been spilled. Well, partially spilled anyway. We told my Mom & Dad last night. We’ll be telling Dean’s parents on Sunday. Ideally, we would have told them closer together, but this was the best we could work out.
My mother’s reactions included: squealing and jumping up and down…and moping about being sworn to secrecy (She’s not allowed to tell anyone until all the future-grandparents know). It will be interesting to see how everyone else reacts.

This weekend holds a 1st birthday party for our only niece, food, family, and a big announcement. It should be fun. I’m going to need to rest up. I’d crawl under my desk right now and nap if I could get by with it. Maybe Dean will feel sorry for me and drive the whole way to Kansas tonight while I sleep.

No comments: