Raising Dinah

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Willy Wonka

I hate being bloated! I’m just going to throw that out there. I put on a pair of pants this morning that I had worn just last week. Only, this time, I couldn’t fasten them. That’s a pleasant feeling…ugh. Luckily, I was prepared. Yesterday, I bought this handy dandy little stretchy band, the Bella Band (or Be Band in my case- the Target version). It fits over the top of your jeans to hold them up, so you can keep them unzipped and unbuttoned. Voila!


I never expected this to be an issue early on, but it is. I don’t eat any more than I used to, and I’ve been eating better. I’ve been exercising more consistently. I have a feeling this will not be the only rude awakening that pregnancy gives me. I feel like the girl on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory that ballooned up and had to be rolled out of the room.  It has also recently come to my attention that pregnancy can cause bladder infections. And, the fun begins!

Speaking of fun, we are planning to share the news with our family next week. That actually should be fun!

No comments: