Raising Dinah

Monday, February 8, 2010

Technology-- God is AWESOME

Last Friday, I had an ultrasound. Normally, I wouldn’t have had one for several more weeks, but the PA at my doctor’s office decided to order one. She wanted to make sure my bladder infection was just that, and not a problem with the raspberry.


Lo and behold, there really IS a baby growing inside my body. We could see its tiny heart beating, and even got to hear it. What an amazing thing! It is only about the size of a blueberry, but there it was, loud and clear and beating at a strong 141 bpm. Dean says its athletic. If it is, it takes after Grandpa Brent and Uncle Jay—definitely not from Mommy’s side of the family.

Dean and I decided to tell our bosses last week, so they would understand why we keep taking off. (I went to the doctor once last week, to the hospital for an ultrasound once, and my first prenatal appt is next week) We’ve also decided to keep a tally when people guess the gender. So far its one and one. Aunt Misti told me a couple months ago she was praying we’d have kids soon, and that she was also praying we have a boy (She already has 2 nieces). Dean’s boss is betting it’s a girl. Time will tell.

Weather permitting, we will announce to our families later this week/this weekend. I’m anxious to see their reactions.

No comments: