Raising Dinah

Friday, July 30, 2010

Stresses and Doctors. It's getting real.

Remember when I posted something once every week or two? It seems to be getting more frequent now. There is a distinct possibility that the reason for this is the fact that we only have EIGHT weeks left! And, that is assuming she doesn’t try to come early. I’ll be perfectly honest. I’ve been stressing today. My To-Do list is starting to feel more urgent, but it doesn’t stress me out. What stresses me out is that I still have no solution to the childcare problem.


I still really want to stay home. If I were to keep working, I would literally not make anything above and beyond insurance and childcare costs. But, having insurance is important. Do I keep working? Do I try to manage part-time and get an individual insurance plan? (We have not had good luck with those in the past) Do I quit altogether and leave it up to God? I still don’t know. Please pray that God will give us a clear answer.

In other news, I had my doctor’s appointment yesterday. It went well. Unbeknownst to them, I felt quite like an elephant after stepping off the scale. But, the nurse made a comment while measuring me that I was “all belly.” And, the doctor mentioned that she was very pleased with my amount of weight gain. She calmed my fears about epidural side effects, and overall she just made me feel like we are totally on the same page about everything. I love my doctor.

No comments: