Raising Dinah

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Maternity Clothes

I don’t like them. I long for the day when I can fit into normal clothes again. I thought they were supposed to be big and roomy and comfy. I don’t know why I thought that, but I can tell you, they are not. First problem: the pants. They basically come in 2 fits. You can get them” under the belly”…
But, then single thick elastic band cuts into your belly. I do have a couple pair of hand-me-down shorts like this that don’t cut into my belly. Most do, though, and I’m not sure what the difference is. Maybe they’re old and the elastic has stretched out.
Or, you can get the “secret fit”…
These are a lot more expensive, but the big stretchy panel feels a lot better… until you hit the 3rd trimester and the calendar rolls over into July. Then, it gets hot and itchy.
And, the second problem: shirts are not long enough. Motherhood Maternity actually does a good job on some of theirs. In particular, tank tops.  I would wear these babies everyday if I could. And, I could, if I didn’t work 40 hours a week in a business setting where I have to look professional. I still think I’d be a lot happier if I could spend my days in a pool. I’d stay cool, get exercise, and it is bound to be good for my circulation.
Maternity stores do a great job of making their clothes seem cute and comfy. It’s all a façade though.



What pregnant woman can wear heels like this? There’s no way I could stuff my puffy feet into those. I can’t stuff them into flats, let alone heels!


There. Now you know how I really feel.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I couldnt even wear cute flat sandels the other day, just flippy floppys :(

Good Luck, I am sticking to mostly dresses!