Raising Dinah

Monday, August 16, 2010

Tidbits

Have I mentioned that I have very swollen feet? Because, I do, I have very swollen feet. Strangely enough, my left foot is always a little more swollen than my right. The other night, it was a lot more swollen than the right, as in, twice as big. Last week, my doctor explained the reason for that. I’m always so fascinated by things like that. Apparently, it is quite common for one foot to be more swollen than the other. The uterus generally tilts to the right, and as it grows, it pushes on the organs and blood vessels, and therefore inhibits blood flow to the right foot. It seems I’m backwards. So, there’s an interesting tidbit for the day.


As I mentioned last week, my induction date has been scheduled. We pray she comes on her own, and I don’t have to be induced. That date is just over 5 weeks away. She will be 37 weeks, or full term, in less than 3 weeks. There’s another tidbit. Excuse me while I hyperventilate.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

my feet are SUPER swollen too, my left is always bigger someone told me that it was becuase that is the side your heart is on so it produces/pumps more blood... who knows!
Good luck,

why do you have an induction date already ?