Raising Dinah

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Antsy

Antsy


I should not be getting antsy. After all, I still do not have a living room. Actually, I don’t have a kitchen sink, yet. My bag is not packed (list is made though, and I’ve gotten it started). The baby blankets are not washed. And, technically, she’s not full-term until Saturday. But, I am. I’m getting really antsy. In all reality, though, things are done enough that we could get by if she were to come early. We have diapers and wipes, some clothes, and her sheet is washed and on the bed. My day typically looks like this:

6:15am- get up, aching & groaning, and complain about the fact that I’m awake
7:15am- drive to work in a daze
8:00am- clock in and cry because I'm not at home
8:00am-5:00pm- try to get some work done while yawning, and thinking about all the things I need to get     done at home. Wish my water would break, because having a newborn is bound to be more restful than this. Realize how tired I must be to think that.
5:00pm- clock out, and drive home in a daze
5:45pm-9:45pm- cook supper, clean & organize or pack a few things, then crash out of exhaustion
10:00-10:30pm- finally fall into bed
11:00pm-6:00am- toss & turn…and ache and groan, make about 327 trips to the bathroom
6:00am- alarm goes off. Roll back over, and pray that I don’t have to get up. Wish I could stay home and take a couple naps, organizing & cleaning & packing in between.

No comments: