Raising Dinah

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Doctor, Doctor, Give me the News...

I like doctor’s appointments. No, really, I do. Okay, I take that back. I like OB appointments. I get off work, go visit my great doctor, hear about how awesome I’ve done this pregnancy, and hear baby girl’s heartbeat. In fact, I only gained ONE pound in the last two weeks, and at this point, the baby should be gaining half a pound a week. That’s all about to change though. I’m in the home stretch. She will be here in no more than 6 weeks. So, if you’ve ever had kids, you know what those last few appointments entail. I don’t think I’m going to like them anymore. Except… I will still like getting a couple hours off work. I guess that means I will still like them. I also like going to the OB, because we have the same last name. The receptionist always looks at me funny when she asks my name and my doctor’s name and I just repeat the same thing. I did not do that on purpose. But, let’s be honest, if I’d thought of it when I chose my doctor, I totally would have chosen her for that reason. That’s how I roll. Hey, it’s as good a reason as any. I didn’t know anything about any of the other doctors either. I had just been referred to the practice as a whole.


Oh. I should probably give more of an update than “I like getting off work to go to the doctor. I like my doctor. I only gained a pound.” Let’s see… Dean was a little disappointed that the baby didn’t kick the Doppler thing again this time. He thought it was funny the first time, and that two visits in a row would be extra funny. He’s a weird guy, what can I say? That’s why I married him. That and he is really hot. Oh, and, I loved him to death. Heartbeat is good. Did I mention I only gained a pound? I’m feeling much less elephant-like. Then, they told me that next week starts the “fun” appointments and they will be checking for Group B Strep. Why do they insist on doing this to me? I say nice things about them, I give them all my money, and this is the thanks I get. And finally, they scheduled an induction for 6 weeks from yesterday. YIKES! I’m not big on induction, but it is just 3 days before my due date, and I understand my doctor’s concerns for letting me go over. Besides, I probably won’t make it that long anyway. At least, that’s the general consensus, trained professionals and the general population alike.

No comments: