Raising Dinah

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Strange feelings and Impatience

Pregnancy is a little strange. I am nearing the end of my fourth week of pregnancy, even though I have only known I was pregnant for a few days. At week 5, the baby (still an embryo at this point) is about the size of a sesame seed. That sounds very embryo-like, doesn’t it? Also at week 5, the heart begins to beat. Now, that doesn’t sound like an embryo. No, that sounds like a baby! The beginnings of a person, a new HUMAN BEING, are currently residing in my body. Strange.


As soon as I got a positive test on Monday, I called the OB. It sounded like a logical first step. My first question to Dean was, what do we do now? Calling the doctor seemed like a good move. The nurse asked me the date of my last cycle, gave me a few guidelines, and said she had to get the doctor to approve and then the doctor would see me at 8-10 weeks.

I am still waiting to hear back and it is driving me crazy. I left a message yesterday. I hope I’m not too overbearing over the next several months, but this is all very new to me. I think I would feel better if I could schedule an appointment, and have something to look forward to, a goal of sorts.

I have a feeling God is going to teach me patience in the next several months. I don’t want to learn patience. I want to just have it!

No comments: