Raising Dinah

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My First Mother's Day

I kind of thought Mother’s Day would officially start for me next year. Sure, I’m a mother now, but I don’t have to change diapers, or get up in the middle of the night. I am more conscious of what I eat, but I should be anyway. I take my prenatal vitamins, but it doesn’t take much effort.

My husband, however, has a different opinion on this. He thought Mother’s Day this year was just as important as any other year. I really appreciate how thoughtful my husband can be, and I love the way he thinks!

He decided the most appropriate gift to give me this year was a rocking chair. He purposely bought one with rounded arms, to protect toddling heads in the future. He picked the wood color to match the crib, and the seat color to tie in with the rest of the room.


(The pic doesn’t show the color that well, it’s a cream color cushion, and espresso colored finish)



No comments: