Raising Dinah

Friday, April 9, 2010

Swollen Ankles

I had my monthly prenatal appointment yesterday. The wait was MUCH shorter this time, which was good. I hate sitting for long periods of time. I do that every day at work; I don’t want to do it anywhere else. It was a pretty uneventful visit, but that’s probably a good thing. We did the usual check the heartbeat, check my measurements, and check my blood pressure. All was well with that. My ankles have been swelling this week, and I made sure to ask her about that. I didn’t expect for that to happen this soon. Dr. Anderson was not concerned at all. She just told me it’s going to get worse, and asked if I could wear flip flops to work. The most notable part of the visit was when they faxed over the ultrasound order. We’ll have our big ultrasound in 3 more weeks! Dean is excited to know if we’re having a boy or girl, the wait is killing him. I’m excited about that, but I’m just as excited to see our baby with arms and legs. Our last ultrasound was at not quite 7 weeks, so we saw a head and body and that’s about it. A friend gave me a bunch of old maternity clothes, so I’ve been having fun picking through them the last couple days. It’s nice to have things to wear without having to wear the same stuff every few days! Now, if I can convince my boss that I need to wear flip flops everyday, I'll be good. 

1 comment:

shay said...

Good luck with the ankles! I noticed mine swelling a little and cut back on salt and drank more water. Helped me! oh as well as keeping them up! Exciting, 3 more weeks!